Father’s Day is Sunday, June 18th! We’re here to help you plan the perfect YEG Father’s Day, no matter your dad’s interests. Here are 8 ways to make Dad’s day extra special!
1) Attend the Riverhawks’ Retro Father’s Day baseball game (1 pm)
Along with classic summer baseball, this afternoon also features classic cars, weiner dog races, and a barbershop quartet.
2) Have fun at the Currents Father’s Day Carnival (11 am–2 pm)
This extravaganza at the Currents of Windermere has it all—mini golf, yard games, photobooth, DJ, retailers, gift card giveaways, cotton candy, and free samples from P.F. Chang’s and The Mash.
3) Order a cookie delivery from Bloom Cookies (deadline June 15, 6 pm)
Not only will they deliver delicious vegan cookies to your dad’s doorstep on June 16, but they’ll throw in a $5 gift card from Glass Bookshop.
4) Indulge at Craft Beer Market’s Father’s Day Brunch Buffet (10 am)
Their famous all-you-can-eat buffet offers assorted fresh pastries, seasonal fruit, charcuterie, chicken & waffles, crispy bacon, a live omelet station, dessert bar, and more.
5) Go where Pride Month and Father’s Day merge: Evolution Wonderlounge (8 pm–11 pm)
Drag king Colin Bae’s Call Me Daddy is their Father’s Day tradition, this year with special guest Justin Abit from Call Me Mother season 2.
6) Try the Father’s Day fondue at the Melting Pot
What’s not to love? Cheese, chocolate, and now an extra special BBQ-inspired menu? Sign us up.
7) Go royal with brunch at the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald (10:30 am–12:30 pm)
The grand brunch in the Empire Ballroom includes made-to-order omelettes, crepes flambés, carving stations, seafood displays, and much more.
8) Celebrate the whole weekend at Fort Edmonton Park (10 am–5 pm)
Their Father’s Day programming runs Saturday AND Sunday, and features sports programming on 1905 street, baseball in Hangar Field, games in the Ukrainian bookstore, the Burly Man Competition in the fort courtyard, card making in the Indigenous Peoples Experience, and more.