On Tuesday, April 6, 2021, the Alberta government released a change in province-wide mandatory restrictions, reinstating previous Stage 1 restrictions due to increased spread of COVID-19.
1) Masks or face coverings are mandatory in all indoor spaces. Several Edmonton retailers sell reusable masks.
2) Indoor gatherings are prohibited. This affects many previously planned events, so double-check websites before making any plans.
3) Outdoor social gatherings are limited to 10 people maximum and must not have an indoor component. Attendees should remain distanced at all times and follow all public health measures.
4) Restaurants, pubs, bars, lounges and cafes can open for outdoor patio dining, takeout, curbside pickup, and delivery only. Additional restrictions apply for in-person outdoor dining, including distancing, masking, etc.
5) The number of customers allowed in a retail store will be restricted to 15% of the store’s fire code allowance. Many shops offer curb-side pickup and delivery as well.
6) All entertainment businesses and facilities (including casinos, raceways, bowling alleys, galleries, museums, movie theatres, and science centres) are closed until further notice. Indoor recreation (including gyms, spas, and rinks) are restricted to one-on-one services; all group fitness/activities are not permitted.
7) Personal and wellness services (including hair styling, tattoos, tanning, body treatments, and esthetics) are available one-one-one by appointment only.
For more information on the mandatory provincial restrictions, please visit the Alberta Government website.