Pleasing the forever-loyal downtown crowd and other food enthusiasts who head into the heart of the city to sample these scrumptious dishes, Taste of Edmonton has been able to grow into the largest outdoor food festival and concert series in Canada.
With all of the city’s best food and drinks gathered together back at Churchill Square this festival will be sure to hit your sweet spot. Beer or wine, sweet or savoury, gluten or gluten-free, folk music or jazz, whatever you fancy, you will be able to find it at Taste of Edmonton. It’s the best way to enjoy a wide variety of tasty offerings from dozens of Edmonton’s best chefs and restaurants, as each serves up sample-sized portions of their most popular dishes.
1) Ticket pre-sales online! Buy before July 21 to save $10/sheet so you can sample more restaurants for less.
2) 50/50 raffle tickets! Winner gets half the jackpot, with the other half going to the Events Edmonton non-profit group that supports various local charities; draw on August 1.
SAVE THE DATE!
Date: July 22–August 1, 2021
Location: Sir Winston Churchill Square, downtown Edmonton
Closest LRT station: Churchill Station
More info: tasteofedm.ca
NEW FOR 2021
1) Taste of Edmonton returns to Churchill Square in the Arts District, after being in Capital Plaza due to downtown construction. The new site plan allows for ample physical distancing.
2) Stay tuned for updates on their entertainment lineup. The free concert series has been a popular draw for years, and organizers are working with City of Edmonton and health officials to plan a safe way to feature performances this year.
3) Implemented health and safety measures will include reduced capacity, hand sanitizing stations, plexiglass at ticket booths, designated seating areas, queuing adjustments, and cashless ticket booths.
4) About 85% of the participating restaurants will include a new third menu item with a max value of two tickets.
(Note: the printed version of the Info Edmonton Seasonal Guide—Summer 2021 incorrectly specifies the value as only one ticket. This has been corrected in the digital edition.)