Year-round outdoor dining is possible even in a northern city in the middle of winter.
A little bit downtown, a little bit river valley; a little bit indoors, a little bit out—what’s not to love? Known as having one of the best views in the city, the trail-blazing Riverside Bistro dazzled guests when they first opened their heated domes in 2019—the first patio of its kind for both the Marriott chain and for Edmonton. These private seating areas gave a new twist on the winter patio, which other local bars and restaurants continue to roll out every year to extend the beloved patio season.
To posh up the experience this winter, Riverside Bistro has now added themes, influencing both the décor and the three-course menus created by executive chef Pawanjit Singh. For instance, Love in Paris includes a mini lit-up Eiffel Tower and sparkly tablecloth, as well as options for escargot in garlic parsley butter, duck confit, and crème brûlée.
Lanterns light up the Scandinavian dome as you sit around a plush fur table covering enjoying scallops, pan-fried salmon, and bison osso bucco. And of course, wine pairings are available for each menu.
Each heated dome can seat up to six guests for 1.5 hours, and it’s always recommended to dress warm and bring layers. Thankfully, the bistro also provides blankets to keep everyone cozy.
More Winter Patios
- • Tiramisu Bistro: 10750–124 St. | 780-42-3393 | tiramisubistro.ca
- • Café Bicyclette: 8627–91 St. | 587-524-8090 | cafebicyclette.ca
- • Rocky Mountain Icehouse: 10516 Jasper Ave. | 780-424-3836 | rockymountainicehouse.ca
- • Little Brick: 10004–90 St. | 780-705-1230 | littlebrick.ca
- • Cask & Barrel: 10041–104 St. | 780-498-1224 | thecaskandbarrel.ca
- • Fu’s Repair Shop: 9902–109 St. | fusrepairshop.ca
- • River Valley Adventure Co.: 9735 Grierson Hill NW | 780-995-7347 | rivervalleyadventure.com