Are you a wordsmith with a passion for storytelling and a knack for web-based content creation? Do you dream of gaining valuable experience in the world of magazine publishing while flexing your digital prowess? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Info Edmonton Magazine, a leading dining, arts, and entertainment publication, is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Editorial Intern with a strong understanding of web-based content management systems and digital publishing. This paid internship for a current student or recent graduate (within the past 5 years) offers a chance to work alongside the editor, hone your editing and writing skills, and make a significant impact on our online presence.
Location: Edmonton (remote work with occasional in-person events)
Application Deadline: August 21, 2023. Please note that a suitable candidate may be selected before this deadline, as interviews will be on-going.
Approximate start date: September 4, 2023
Approximate end date: January 19, 2024
The successful candidate is a creative, self-motivated communicator, who’s capable of producing high-quality, on-brand content for both print and digital platforms. Duties will include researching, writing, fact-checking, copy-editing, blogging, web management, using social media, attending events, archiving, and more. This remote position is a PAID 20-week internship with full-time hours (approx. 40 hours per week). As the entire team works remotely, weekly Zoom meetings are expected.
– Degree/diploma/study in Journalism, Communications, English, Marketing, or a related field
– Excellent writing, researching, editing, proofreading, communication, strategic planning, social media, and digital marketing skills
– Keen interest in magazines and print culture
– Experience with WordPress, SEO, Google Docs, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively
– Unrestricted access to a computer and Internet, as the team works remotely
– A passion for everything Edmonton!
Interested candidates should submit the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Editorial Internship Application” by August 21, 2023. (Please note that a suitable candidate may be selected before this deadline, as interviews will be on-going.) Applications submitted without all three components will not be reviewed.
2. Cover letter
3. 200-word unpublished writing sample about an Edmonton event or attraction
We thank everyone for taking the time to apply, but only those selected for interviews will be personally contacted.
Internship opportunities made possible thanks to the Alberta Magazine Publishers’ Association.